Dr. Lisa Marie Blaschke is well known for her work in heutagogy. She is also a long-standing member of EDEN and a Program Director for Technology Enhanced Learning with the University of Oldenberg. In this interview Lisa explains the benefits and application of heutagogy for education at all levels.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/051-Lisa-Marie-Blaschke-Final.mp3 | recorded October 2020
Lisa’s profile: http://lisamarieblaschke.pbworks.com/w/page/17821601/FrontPage
Nominated links (free to access):
- Blaschke, L. M., & Marín, V. I. (2020). Applications of heutagogy in the educational use of e-portfolios. Revista de Educación a Distancia RED. Available from: https://revistas.um.es/red/article/view/407831/290621
- Blaschke, L.M., & Hase, S. (2019). Heutagogy and digital media networks: Setting students on the path to lifelong learning. Pacific Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, 1(1).
- Blaschke, L.M., Hase, S., & Kenyon, C. (2014). Experiences in self-determined learning. United States: Amazon.com. Available from: https://uol.de/coer/announcements/free-oer-now-available-experiences-in-self-determined-learning/ and (for purchase): https://www.amazon.com/Experiences-Self-Determined-Learning-L-M-Blaschke/dp/1502785307
- Blaschke, L.M. (2014). Using social media to engage and develop online learners in self-determined learning. Research in Learning Technology. Retrieved from: https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/article/view/1458
- Blaschke, L.M. (2012). Heutagogy and lifelong learning: A review of heutagogical practice and self-determined learning. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. 13(1), 56-71. Retrieved from: http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/1076/2113.
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Blaschke, L., & Bedenlier, S. (2020). Online learning. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Oxford University Press. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190264093.013.674
- Blaschke, L.M. (2019). The pedagogy-andragogy-heutagogy continuum and technology-supported personal learning environments. In I.Jung (Ed.), Open and distance education theory revisited: Implications for the online era. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer.
- Blaschke, L.M., & Hase, S. (2015). Heutagogy: A holistic framework for creating 21st century self-determined learners. In M.M. Kinshuk & B.Gros, The future of ubiquitous learning: Learning designs for emerging pedagogies. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Verlag. Available from: http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783662477236