Instructional design is foundational to effective online education. In this episode Dr Afsaneh Sharif, researcher, consultant, instructional designer, e-learning specialist, faculty liaison and project manager with the University of British Columbia, shares insight from her 20+ years of practice and scholarship.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/056-Afsaneh-Sharif-Final.mp3 | recorded March 2021
Afsaneh’s online profile: https://ctlt.ubc.ca/people/afsaneh-sharif-phd/
Afsaneh’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/afsaneh-sharif-2406b669/?originalSubdomain=ca
Nominated works (free to access):
- Quality Enhancement in Online & Blended Course Development (qe.ctlt.ubc.ca)
- Course Development Phases http://qe.ctlt.ubc.ca/phases/
- Online and Blended Course Quality Checklist https://wiki.ubc.ca/images/2/25/OnlineQualityCheckList_SiteFinal_Sep2016.pdf
- Sharaiti, B., Kanji, Z., Soheilipour, S., Patrick, L., & Sharif, A. (2021). Enhancing Learning in an Online Oral Epidemiology and Statistics Course: A Mixed Methods Approach to Assessing Outcomes. Can J Dent Hyg 2021;55(1): 17-29. Available at: https://files.cdha.ca/profession/journal/2739.pdf
- Sharif, A., & Magrill, B. (2015). Discussion forums in MOOCs. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 12(1). Available at: http://ijlter.org/index.php/ijlter/article/view/368
- McCracken, J., Cho, S., Sharif, A., Wilson, B., & Miller, J. (2012). Principled Assessment Strategy Design for Online Courses and Programs. Electronic Journal of E-learning, 10(1), 107-119. Available at: http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ969449
- Accessibility Checklist https://wiki.ubc.ca/Accessibility_Checklist
Nominated works (may require purchase):
- Sharif, A., Welsh, A., Myers, J., Wilson, B., Chan, J., Cho, S., & Miller, J. (2019). Faculty Liaisons: an embedded approach for enriching teaching and learning in higher education. International Journal for Academic Development, 24:3, 260-271, DOI: 10.1080/1360144X.2019.1584898
- Quality Assurance in E-Learning Program. In Gisbert, M. and Bullen, M. (2015). Teaching and Learning in Digital Worlds: Strategies and Issues in Higher Education. Ed. Marfil & Publications URV.