Dr Mohsen Keshavarz is Director of the Virtual Education Center of Torbat Heydariyeh University of Medical Sciences. He has a PhD in the area of virtual education planning and is an energetic advocate of distance learning in his home country of Iran, having translated Tony Bates’s book Teaching in a digital age to Persian in addition to several other projects, some with international collaborators.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/058-Mohsen-Keshavarz-Final.mp3 | recorded June 2021
Mohsen’s online profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6350-2070
Nominated works (free to access):
- Keshavarz, M., & Ghoneim, A. (2021). Preparing Educators to Teach in a Digital Age. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 22(1), 221-242. https://doi.org/10.19173/irrodl.v22i1.4910
- Bates, A. W. (2016). Teaching in a Digital Age. Guidelines for Teaching and Learning. (M. Keshavarz & A. Sharif, Trans. in Persian: Chapter 1-5, Select a file format, Part of Readable) Vancouver BC: Tony Bates Associates Ltd. https://open.bccampus.ca/browse-our-collection/find-open-textbooks/?uuid=da50f5f1-bbc6-481e-a359-e73007c66932&contributor=&keyword=&subject=
Nominated works (may require purchase):
- Keshavarz, M. (2020). Distance Education System and Print Literacy. Distance Learning 17(2). https://www.infoagepub.com/products/distance-learning-vol-17-2
- Keshavarz, M. (2020). The Effect of Distance Education on Information Literacy Case Study: “Iran”. The Quarterly Review of Distance Education 21(2), pp.23-47. https://www.infoagepub.com/products/Quarterly-Review-of-Distance-Education-21-2
- Keshavarz, Mohsen. (2016). Distance Education System and Media Literacy. Distance Learning13(4). https://www.infoagepub.com/products/distance-learning-vol-13-4
- Keshavarz, Mohsen. (2015). Distance Education System and Computer Literacy. Distance Learning 12(5). https://www.infoagepub.com/products/Distance-Learning-Vol-12-5
Congratulation for the achievement. Hoping you make grater impact on the quality of e-Learning at the universities around Torbat Heydariyeh.
Hello Dr. Bazargan
Thank you very much for your kindness. I am always your student.
It’s great to see you added to this list of leaders in e-learning.
Hello Dr. Stephen Downes
Thank you very much for your kindness. We have learned a lot from you.
Excellent, you will definitely be one of the great researchers in the field of e-learning