Dr Deborah Arnold is national and international projects coordinator at AUNEGE (Association of Universities for the Development of Digital Education in Economics and Management), and Chair of the EDEN Fellows Council. She is involved in several prominent online education projects alongside her expertise in digital education leadership.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/9cb5b0ab-2ff6-4a82-a5eb-e6d3441ad2c9-071-Deborah-Arnold-Final.mp3 | recorded July 2022
Deborah’s profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Deborah-Arnold-4
EDEN Fellows’ Council: https://eden-europe.eu/eden-fellows-council/
Nominated publications (free to access):
- Arnold, D. (2022). Close encounters in Third Space? Leadership and organisational dynamics for advancing digital education. Media and Learning Conference. Leuven. https://media-and-learning.eu/type/featured-articles/close-encounters-in-third-space-leadership-and-organisational-dynamics-for-advancing-digital-education/
- Arnold, D. (2021). Supporting Leadership Development in European Universities: A Mixed Methods Study of Digital Education Leadership Literacies in Higher Education [Doctoral thesis, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya]. http://hdl.handle.net/10609/142686
- Arnold, D., & Sangrà, A. (2018). Dawn or dusk of the 5th age of research in educational technology? A literature review on (e-)leadership for technology-enhanced learning in higher education (2013-2017). International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education, 15(1), 24. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41239-018-0104-3
- Arnold, D., & Sangrà, A. (2018). Developing a Framework of e-Leadership Literacies for Technology-Enhanced Learning in Higher Education: a Delphi Study. Towards Personalized Guidance and Support for Learning. Proceedings of the 10th European Distance and E-Learning Network Research Workshop, Barcelona, 24-26 October, 2018, 161–169. http://www.eden-online.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/RW10_2018_Barcelona_Proceedings.pdf#page=169
- Read, T., & Arnold, D. (2020). ECCOE: Toward a Robust Solution for the Cross-Institutional Recognition and Validation of Prior Learning. In EDEN Conference Proceedings (No. 1, pp. 11-19). https://doi.org/10.38069/edenconf-2020-ac0002
Other works (may require purchase):
- Arnold, D., & Sangrà, A. (2020). Digital Education Leadership Development for Strategic Change in Higher Education. In V. Wang (Ed.), Educational Leadership: Perspectives, Management and Challenges (pp. 185–214). Nova Science Publishers.
- Sangrà, A., Arnold, D., & Gallifa, J. (2022). Liderazgo Y Tensiones En La Universidad: El Reto De Integrar La Educación Digital. American Journal of Distance Education, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1080/08923647.2022.2027687
Works cited in the interview (may require purchase):
- Bates, A. W. (Tony), & Sangrà, A. (2011). Managing technology in higher education: Strategies for transforming teaching and learning. John Wiley & Sons.
- Davis, H. (2012). Leadership Literacies for Professional Staff in Universities [Doctoral thesis, RMIT University]. https://researchrepository.rmit.edu.au
- Fawns, T. (2022). An entangled pedagogy: Looking beyond the pedagogy – technology dichotomy. Postdigital Science and Education, 0123456789. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42438-022-00302-7
- Jameson, J. (2013). E-Leadership in higher education: The fifth “age” of educational technology research. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(6), 889–915. https://doi.org/doi:10.1111/bjet.12103
- Johnston, B., MacNeill, S., & Smyth, K. (2018). Conceptualising the Digital University The Intersection of Policy, Pedagogy and Practice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Mycroft, L. (2021). The Practice of Values. https://loumycroft.org/2021/01/24/the-practice-of-values-2/
- Oliver, B. (2022). Towards a Common Definition of Microcredentials. In Education 2030. https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000381668
- Selwyn, N. (2021). Ed-Tech Within Limits: anticipating educational technology in times of environmental crisis. E-Learning and Digital Media, 18(5), 496–510. https://doi.org/10.1177/20427530211022951