Professor Peter Taylor is making the most of online education as an organic chemist. His story reveals how computer assisted learning has changed his practice over the years, and the timeless value of taking an educational approach. We talked in the Jennie Lee building at The Open University UK.
Interview:| https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/011-Peter-Taylor-Final.mp3 recorded December 2018
Peter’s online profile: http://stem.open.ac.uk/people/pgt3 l
- An article about plagiarism and good academic conduct in the online world: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19661899
- An article about delivering medicinal chemistry as an online course: https://www.future-science.com/doi/pdf/10.4155/fmc.14.51
- A debate about multidisciplinary learning versus single subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY6PcqSuBKo
- Some resources around the Periodic Table: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-maths-technology/science/chemistry/elements-the-periodic-table
- The chemistry of Sherry: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-maths-technology/science/chemistry/sherry-not-just-christmas
Additional books and articles:
- H. Cooke, A. Lane and P. G. Taylor, Open by Degrees: A Case of Flexibility or Personalization, in Enhancing Education Through Open Degree Programs and Prior Learning Assessment, Ed: C N. Stevenson, IGI Global, Hershey, 2018, 128-149
- E. Heeley, Y. El Aziz, C. Ellingford, A. Jetybayeva, C. Wan, E. Crabb, P. G. Taylor and A. R Bassindale; Self assembly of fluoride-encapsulated polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) nanocrystals, CrystEngComm, 2019, 21, 710 – 723.
- V. V. Negrebetsky, E. P. Kramarova, A. G. Shipov, Y. I. Baukov, A. A. Korlyukov, D. E. Arkhipov, A. R. Bassindale, P. G. Taylor and S. Yu. Bylikin; Synthesis, Structures and Stereodynamic Behavior of Pentacoordinate (O→Si)-Chelate Difluoro(methyl)silylmethyl Derivatives of Amides and Imides, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 2018, 872, 31-39.v