Dr Cathy Cavanaugh is Chief Technology Officer at the Lastinger Center for Learning at the University of Florida. Cathy has an extensive career history in online education and teaching, and she shares some of the insight gleaned from years of effective K12 practice.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/043-Cathy-Cavanaugh-final.mp3 | recorded June 2020
Cathy’s profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cathycavanaugh/
Cathy’s Google citations: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=WdZQ0O8AAAAJ
Nominated links (free to access):
- Cavanaugh, C. & DeWeese, A. (2020). Understanding the Professional Learning and Support Needs of Educators during the Initial Weeks of Pandemic School Closures through Search Terms and Content Use. Journal of Technology in Teacher Education 28(2). https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/216073/
- Cavanaugh, C., Maor, D. & McCarthy, A. (2018). Mobile learning. In K. Kennedy & R.E. Ferdig (Eds.), Handbook of research on K-12 online and blended learning (2nd ed., pp. 574-591). Pittsburgh, PA: ETC Press.
- Rogers-Estable, M., Cavanaugh, C., Simonson, M., Finucane, T., & McIntosh, A. (2018). Virtual Learning Design and Delivery. Creative Commons OER ebook. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/virtuallearningdesigndelivery/
- Cavanaugh, C., Mayberry, J., & Hargis, J. (2016). Participation in the Virtual Environment of Blended College Courses: An Activity Study of Student Performance. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. 17(3). http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/1811
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Cavanaugh, C., Kelley, G. & McCarthy, A. (2018). Implementing New Technologies to Enhance Professional Learning. In A. Novack & C. Weber, Eds., Best Practices in Professional Learning and Teacher Preparation: Methods and Strategies for Gifted Professional Development S.l.: Prufrock Press.
- Cavanaugh, C. & Roe, M. (2019). Developing Pedagogy and Course Design Skills in Novice Virtual School Teachers. Journal of Online Learning Research 5(1) 5-22. https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/182244/
- Cavanaugh, C. (2014). Blended education for elementary and secondary students. In Slavin, R., Ed., Proven Programs Education: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Cavanaugh, C. (2013). Student achievement in elementary and high school. In M. Moore (ed.) Handbook of Distance Education, 3rd edition. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.