Professor Don Olcott, Jr. has held academic posts across the world and is well known for his scholarly work and professional membership in distance and online education. Don has multiple research interests and rich experience as you’ll learn in this interview.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/042-Don-Olcott-final.mp3 | recorded June 2020
Don’s extended profile: Shared Google document
Nominated links (free to access):
- Prinsloo, P., Blaschke, L. M., & Olcott, D. J. (2020). How do we know they are learning? Student data and the synergies of human and artificial intelligence (AI). Proceedings of the 2020 European Network for Distance and eLearning (EDEN) Annual Conference (Online), 21-24 June, Timișoară, România. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wgw9xa9QIDwALoq1yEe6h1dE6mNV1EQU/view?usp=sharing
- Olcott, D. J. (2020). The leadership imperative: Back to the future after the Coronva-19Pandemic. Published by the International Council of Open and Distance Education (ICDE), April 2020. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mzrge8zukdf4VtDaqZ2H943roYHCDhl_/view?usp=sharing
- Olcott, D. J. (2014). African Virtual University (AVU) quality assurance framework for open and distance learning. Nairobi, Kenya: AVU. https://avu.org/avuweb/en/avu-at-a-glance/avu-reports/ [note link may not be secure; if not, try publisher http://www.atwoodpublishing.com/]
- Olcott, D. J. (2014). Making connections: Adaptive learning communities (ALCs). Microsoft Worldwide Education White Paper Series. Seattle: Microsoft. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ORO7RzMoa0W1mvXHd3Lp_-qlEt3vaCfq/view?usp=sharing
- Wills, S., Dalagarno, B. & Olcott, D. J. (2015). Destination 2020: A roadmap for CSU’s Online future: CSU distance education strategy. Bathurst, NWS, Australia: Charles Sturt University. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gN1tV5ohIdH8GN0iHHcPzbOGKqCSemoi/view?usp=sharing
- Olcott, D. (2010). Par for the course. The Times Higher Education. 8-14 April 2010, No.1,942: 31-35. A special supplement to The Times, London, UK. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U2V8KWsW8rS7BIJCfAqmYkEvDQp0vMnz/view?usp=sharing
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Olcott, D. J., & Hardy, D. (Eds). (2005). Dancing on the glass ceiling: Women,
leadership,and technology. Madison, WI: Atwood Publishing.
- Johnson, M. J. Hanna, D. E., & Olcott, D. J., (2003). Bridging the Gap:
Leadership, technology and organizational change for university deans and
chairpersons. Madison, WI: Atwood Publishing.