Laura Gibbs PhD is a noteworthy practitioner of asynchronous online education, nominated for the podcast by a listener. You’ll soon learn why: her innovative practice spans over 20 years, and elements of her practice – including ungrading and microwriting – are enduring examples of effective online teaching.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/acbe6c3f-ffae-4d93-aa5a-680d090a0976-069-Laura-Gibbs-Final.mp3 | recorded April 2022
Laura’s website: http://lauragibbs.net/
Albert’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/albert-sangr%C3%A0-a19b7ab/
Nominated works (free to access):
- Microfiction, including anthologies published with students: https://microfables.blogspot.com/2020/06/tiny-tales-series.html
- Ungrading (book chapter): http://oudigitools.blogspot.com/2019/03/getting-rid-of-grades-book-chapter.html
- Keynote on student web publishing: https://victoria.lauragibbs.net/slideshow.html
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Blum, S. D., & Kohn, A. (2020). Ungrading: Why rating students undermines learning (and what to do instead). West Virginia University Press. Available from Amazon.
- Eodice, M., Geller, A. E., & Lerner, N. (2017). The Meaningful Writing Project: Learning, Teaching and Writing in Higher Education. University Press of Colorado. [Laura and her students participated in the study]. Available from Amazon.
Reclaim Roundup: https://roundup.reclaimhosting.com/