Dr Sanjaya Mishra is Director: Education with the Commonwealth of Learning. His extensive career in online education builds on a distance education foundation, which includes time with the Indira Ghandi National Open University. Sanjaya has an international profile and has authored over 300 papers across his 30 years experience.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/8f2609e1-a786-41e9-add7-cfbb0a328e4c-074-Sanjaya-Mishra-Final.mp3 | recorded September 2022
Sanjaya’s profile: https://www.col.org/members/dr-sanjaya-mishra/
Nominated publications (free to access):
- Miao, F., Mishra, S., Orr, D., & Janssen, B. (2019). Guidelines on the development of open educational resources policies. UNESCO and Commonwealth of Learning. ISBN: 978-92-3-100341-7.
- Mishra, S. (2017) Open educational resources: Removing barriers from within. Distance Education 38(3), pp. 369-380. DOI: 10.1080/01587919.2017.1369350
- Mishra, S. (2017). Promoting use and contribution of Open Educational Resources. Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA): India.
- Mishra, S., Misra, P.K. (2022). Open, distance, and digital non-formal education in developing countries. In: Handbook of Open, Distance and Digital Education. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-0351-9_21-1
- Mishra, S., & Panda, S. (Eds.) (2020). Technology-enabled learning: Policy, pedagogy and practice. Commonwealth of Learning: Vancouver. ISBN 978-1-894975-98-8.
An excellent interview of Dr Sanjay Mishra, a legend and global leader of Distance Education. This interview will help thousands of Distance Educators to understand the core of distance education principle and accordingly to prepare themselves for providing better learning to the students through Distance and Online Education.